Focaccia with tomato and olives
Focaccia is our favorite yeast bread to make at home. The perfect classic focaccia that’s soft and chewy is made with olive Oil. Focaccia pair best with Kalamata Olives.
COOKS IN: 2 Hours
- 50 ml "Extra Virgin Olive Oil, blue tin, 1lt"
- 280 gr "Green olives in extra virgin olive oil, hand picked, mammoth size, 180gr."
- 280 gr "Green olives mammoth size in brine, dry 180gr"
- 200 gr "SUN DRIED TOMATO SPREAD"
- 1 teaspoon Hellenic Grocery "SEA SALTS WITH HERBS"
- 300 gr strong flour
- 200 gr coarse semolina
- 14 gr dry yeast
- Remove the pits from the olives and slice them.
- Blend well the flour with the semolina and the yeast, with a generous pinch of salt.
- Warm 320 ml of water and mix in the olive oil.
- Mold the flour mix into a mountain and then make a hole at the top going all the way down, like you form a well.
- Add slowly the water with the olive oil and keep blending for 8-10 minutes to make a solid and elastic ball of dough.
- Place it at a warm place and let the dough rise and double in size, approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ Gas 6.
- Oil a shallow baking tray and place the dough pushing to the edges with your fingers, about 2 cm high.
- Arrange randomly all over the dough the pieces of olives and sundried tomatoes pressing the lightly until they are half submerged in the dough.
- You may sprinkle some oregano and rosemary to add extra herbal flavor. Some drizzle of olive oil too.
- Cook for 30 minutes until golden and well baked. Let it cool, remove from the tray, slice and enjoy.