Seafood Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
Enrich your salad with valerian root or purslane leaves.
In Greece, dining is a special ritual. Gathering to eat together with your family or friends is a special occasion which brings everyone together. Seafood Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette is a tasteful way to enjoy the Greek Summer!
- 200g squid, cleaned
- 200g mussels
- 200g shrimps
- 10-11 tablespoons SPITIKO "Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 500ml"
- 1 cup Ouzo Liquor
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons SPITIKO "Garlic flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil condiment, 200ml"
- 1tablespoon fresh mizithra cheese OR Hellenic Grocery "Mikrasiatiko traditional white cheese with green peppers"
- 10 pieces Spitiko "Sundried tomatoes with basil and extra virgin olive oil, 325gr"
- a pinch "Mesologgi Sea Salt & Cyprus Smoked Salt Mill, 90gr"
- 5 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 300g salad greens
- 150g fresh herbs (basil, spearmint, arugula)
- In a frying pan over medium heat, lightly sauté the squid in 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- In a separate frying pan, pour in the ouzo, add the onions and steam the mussels for a few minutes.
- Place the shrimps in a separate frying pan and sauté in garlic-infused olive oil for a few minutes.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, place the fresh mizithra, sun-dried tomato and a pinch of salt in the blender and process to combine. Add 6 tablespoons of olive oil and the vinegar and pulse until all ingredients are well combined. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- To prepare the salad, combine the salad greens of your choice with the herbs. Spray the leaves with some olive oil and season with salt.
- Spread a vinaigrette layer on a platter. Artfully top it with the salad leaves and place the seafood around the platter. “I’d rather present my salad in such a manner and mix afterwards so that it retains its colour”.