Sweet alternative to the English Tea Time’s scones
- 130 gr Hellenic Grocery Strawberry Fruit Spread "Strawberry Fruit Spread, 100% Fruit, 260gr"
- 130 gr Hellenic Grocery Peach Fruit Spread "Peach Fruit Spread"
- 500 gr butter – soft, at room temperature
- 200 gr sugar
- 1 egg
- 500 gr flour
- • Tart baking tray – well greased
- Preheat the oven in 180° C.
- In a mixing bowl, throw in the butter and the sugar and mix well until very creamy.
- Mix in the egg and continue beating until well combined.
- Add the flour and continue folding. Reverse the dough onto a floured surface and knead until you form a solid ball. Cover with wrap and chill in the fridge (about 30 minutes).
- Take a roll-out cooking utensil and gently roll out the dough into a round disk. Place the tart tray top down onto the dough to get the exact round dimension of the tart. Make sure you allow enough dough beyond the perimeter of the tray and over the sides of the tray. It should also be 1 cm thick. Flip the dough over and into the tray and gently arrange it around so that the bottom fits and the sides rise to the edges. With a fork, pad around the pastry so that when it is cooked the air will go through the holes preventing it from rising.
- Now we have two alternatives. A) Bake in the oven until the pastry turns lightly golden. Remove, let it cool completely and cover with a jam (or two) of your choice. B) Spread the jam (or jams) over the pastry and bake in the oven until the pastry turns lightly golden.
- Brew a rich-flavored cup of tea using our finest selection and enjoy.